Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Typical Tuesday NOT!

Well lets see, I got a second job, it's seasonal but at least it's some extra money. My other job is going well, it's only part time but it's steady work and I really enjoy it. Plus eventually I'll get to work at home 90% of the time. I mean how awesome is that. The deal originally was that I was going to be able to go full time in January as long as we got this bigger contract we were expecting, well last week we found out that they were only giving us half of what we expected. But my boss talked to me on Monday and said if I want too, she still wants to take me full time in January. So it was a happy but scary moment since this company is not even 3 months old yet and of course with the economy, it's a leap of faith that I'm going to take because my life had been in a downward spiral and finally except for the few things going on with my little C's adoption from China, our lives are starting on an upward swing. I truly have to believe that things are just going to get better from this day forward because somehow no matter how hard we have fallen in the past, we have always dusted ourselves off and survived.

Now the most amazing thing that happened today. My very Best and Closest Friend who I've know for 7 years now, never met face to face, emailed each other almost daily, who is K's Godmother and we talk about things that we talk with no one else about because there is no sense of judgement or fear that we would gossip behind each other's back because we live so far away. We talked today on the phone for the first time. How weird is that, to know someone for 7 years but never really heard their voice or their laugh (unless it was in the background of a video we sent each other of our kids). K also got to talk to her on the phone, she was going to sing her Happy Birthday but had other thoughts and then decided to hardly talk to her. Which is typical K, she has to be in the mood to talk on the phone. Our conversation was really about nothing, the weather, her kids birthday parties, things about K and just random thoughts that came to mind. But more than anything, it was so nice to finally be able to make the more human connection opposed to the intimate connection that we have with our words. I know today's call won't be the last especially because I want K to be able to have a strong connection with her Godmother. So a big Happy Birthday to K's Godmother and most of all to my Friend.

No comments: