Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bah Humbug, Sort of....

Well, I'll just say it...our Christmas was pretty much ruined by 2 people. Instead of sticking to the plans and celebrating Christmas with us, having Christmas breakfast with us or even Christmas dinner with us, they decided to lie to us all freakin' morning and afternoon until they decided to finally show up at 430pm. So basically because we were under the assumption they would be opening gifts with us, I made K wait to open the rest of her gifts from Santa, Us and her Great-Grandparents because they stressed to me how much they wanted to be here to watch her open them. So instead by the time she opened gifts she was totally burned out, she was tired of waiting and basically she had almost a melt down. And then they were pissed because she didn't want to open their 1 gift, well hell she didn't want to open almost any gifts at that point. I am just so upset, I should of just let her open her gifts, I should have put my daughter first instead of thinking about their feelings. I am so through with this crap. I mean if it would have been her grandson then things would have been completely different, she wouldn't have made him wait to open his gifts. I am just so pissed off and upset, because number 1 they did this and number 2 I didn't just tell them to f*** off and let my daughter enjoy opening her Christmas presents this morning when she was so super excited to open them and instead made her wait all freakin' day. So I hope everyone elses holiday was great, I'm just so thankful I don't have to deal with them for another freakin' year!!
Ok, so I've cooled down just a little bit while uploading pictures. Overall K had a great Christmas Morning, she loved her doll house from Santa. My Baby Brother and K had a great time playing with each other. And things were really good with my Mom. So really if I reflect only on my family, things were really great and Christmas wasn't a total bust, we had fun together, it was just the added stress of extended family and their intentional lying that upset me.

2 comments:

SARA said...

Holy moly! Hope you had a better Christmas than this!!! :)

Shelby said...

I am so sorry to hear about the drama. I hope You, Mom, K, and N all had a wonderful time together...
Hugs...