Monday, December 10, 2007

Back from Blogcation

After everything that happened at the last tests for K, I had to take a Blogcation. First off I'm happy to report that we got our Foster Parent License 2 days before Thanksgiving. The downside is the Placement worker is dragging her feet because we have to have one last home visit before we can take in Children. She has had between now and when we finished classes to get it done and so far nothing. I guess because we had such a good experience with K's Social Worker and being that this women works in the same office I thought she would be just as good.

Otherwise in our lives, we are trying to get ready for Christmas, today I dragged the tree down from storage, it's been hard getting things done because right now I'm working 12 hour days and 7 days a week at least through the 22nd. I'm getting about 2 1/2 hours a sleep a day since by the time I get home, it's time to turn around and take my Mom to work and then after that K is wide awake for the start of the day. After all this I'm still not sure I'll have a job or be layed off after the 22nd. It's so frustrating, I work my butt off for the last 3 1/2 months and how do they repay me. So I'm trying to look for a new job just in case but it's really hard to find work right now during the Holiday season that's just not temporary work. I'm sorry to my family and friends who have emailed me and haven't heard anything, I'm really trying to get caught up on stuff but it's just not happening.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I was getting worried...
fdrfhgjin kml hbdrfc drfc (That is I missed you from B)
Congrats on the license- I hope she gets off her butt and finishes for you. Hugs to all- I will keep you in my prayers for a job....

Farrah said...

I didn't know you had a blog, I'm glad though...

Glad to see you got your license...
I've been thinking about doing that too!