Wednesday, October 31, 2007

In Just One Moment......

every question you had becomes clear. In that same Moment, suddenly you have a 1000 more questions that are unanswered.
Over the last year of K's life we have strived to find the answer of what is causing her paralysis. Yesterday in just one single, life defining moment, we had our answer. It is not what we wanted to hear, it's nothing that we thought we would hear. To say we are shocked and upset, is an understatement. Right now we are working through everything we heard yesterday and I'm just not ready to post the answer we got. To say I'm devastated is an understatement, because when you think it is one thing for so long and it turns out it's not, well you just feel crushed once again. I'm glad K is too young to understand this, to understand the emotions I am going through, that our family is going through. I'm glad she doesn't understand the sadness in my eyes when I look at her. Instead she oblivious and super excited about going Trick-or-Treating tonight, which is the way it should be.
I can tell you that the test she went through was traumatic because she had to be awake for it so they could see her reactions, she has more needle pricks than I could ever imagine on her little legs.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

(((((HUGS)))))

Corey said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you... And your "family" in Florida will support you no matter what