Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day 3 This and Thats

Well I have actually really been enjoying work...I mean besides the throbbing hand and tired legs because there's nothing like being on your feet for 8 hours a day. It looks like I'm going to be dropping my work schedule down to 3 days a week. N got a HR job and actually started today, thank goodness his girlfriend KE could watch K. What is nice is N will work 4 days a week, including the weekend. I am hoping to get a part time job with a security company because they need someone only for Sunday, which it would work out perfect with our situation, so pray that it works out. So right now it's a little crazy but it will work out. I've tried finding a babysitter for K so I wouldn't have to cut my hours but the daycare's around here still want you to pay a full week even if it's only 2 or 3 days a week and so far all the in-home care I have meet with...well they were far from my liking (child eating out of the cat litter dish, running around unsupervised and numerous other horrors). Plus this works out pretty good because I will still get more quality time with K that I feel I have been missing. So maybe I didn't need that magic wand after all...but it still would be nice ;)

Oh, the only downside to work is 2 girls, I call them girls because they are both under 22 and act like 2 year olds...actually K acts older than these 2 girls, so they act younger than a 18 mos old. They are such slackers, won't listen and is causing so much drama within the group. Since we work around food, we are not suppose to wear any piercings, jewelry, eat food, chew gum, no cough drops, etc. Well both of the girls are still wearing their piercings and the one was constantly getting gum and chewing it up. Plus the nastiest thing she did, is she took off her sweatshirt and t-shirt and was only wearing a tank top....what was worse was her armpits were hairy and had caked on deodorant....mmm, don't you want some chocolate now. I mean she was dancing around and stuff and her nasty armpits could have contaminated everything, I mean we are in an environment that we put sanitizer on our hands before we put on our rubber gloves, we wear those great shoe protectors so that doesn't get in the room, we wear face masks so that way we don't breathe on the chocolate wrong. Yet she's allowed to prance around in a tank top. I think our manager is trying to figure out how to get rid of her but so far, nothing, I guess she's thinking she'll straighten up or something. So that's my day in a nutshell, hope you all had a good day.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

ewwwwwwwwww You almost turned me off chocolate.
Hugs to K and hello's to everyone....