Monday, October 22, 2007

1st Afternoon Shift & Other Ramblings

Tonight was my first afternoon shift. It was great! But what's not to love, there's hardly no one there, no boss and there's actually work to do opposed to the day time. It is a little crazy because we got about 300 orders at 945p and we get off at 11p. We got all except about 50 done.

Otherwise I was so excited when I got the mail today because inside was my Dining Deals gift certificate. Our local TV station has a special show that covers all the happening of the area and new food places. Well every Thursday they offer a Dining deal, you spend $25 and get a $50 gift certificate for whatever place they are showcasing. I have been trying for 3 1/2 years trying to get one because they limit it to 100 people and you have to log in right at 315pm. Needless to say if it's 316pm, your out of luck. So to my amazement I got one of the gift certificates, finally after all these years of trying. Which I'm even more excited because it's for America's Incredible Pizza Company which just opened up and I've been dying to go there. They have an all you can eat pizza, pasta, potato, salad and dessert bar. Along with games, mini-golf, go karts, bowling and all kinds of other stuff. So this is my Christmas present to myself and my little splurge because I wouldn't have been able to afford to go and take all 5 of us and now I can.

And a few weeks back, (Oct 12) I took K to my work for my Boss, M's Birthday. She has been giving me a hard time about taking off to tend to K. So I thought maybe if she met K that it sort of soften her heart about the situation. Plus I thought showing up on my day off, bringing my delicious homemade meatballs and a cute kid, would win me some brown nosing points. Of course since my Mom works there, she also had to bring something. So she was also trying to get some brown nosing points and made one of her hand-carved watermelons, she did such a great job on it. Well everyone else oohh'd and ahh'd over my Mom's watermelon but the Boss was sort of forlone about it once she found out who carved it. Yep, the Boss hates my Mom and of course my Brown nosing didn't pay off either. It did pay off somewhat because the General Manager and the Asst. GM totally fell in love with K and they have been nothing but nice and have bent over backwards to help us. That's why I finally got my afternoon shift, the GM made her give it to me. So I guess it wasn't a total loss!


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby said...

Your Mom does beautiful work. Hope all is well.