Monday, May 5, 2008

The China Wait

Usually I don't talk about how long China is taking to match families but after the latest batch of referrals I went and checked adoption forcast and till this month it always said we would be matched with our little C sometime between August-November 2009. Which I have been perfectly fine with waiting that long but today it says this......

Our prediction for LID 2006-06-22
China has 161 days of dossiers to be processed before they get to your dossier. China currently processes about 5.7 days of dossiers each month.
Our best guess: 2010-08-29

I can't even imagine 2010!!! I am crushed even by that thought because I never really thought it would take that long, I expected late 2009, early 2010 for travel. K is going to be 4 1/2 before her sister is even home, heck I'll be 34 1/2. I have put my life on hold for so long waiting for this, I'm not going to quit now but I just can't fathom that I'm going to have to pay at least 1 more time (even with the 1 free extension that I have) the stupid fees for the I-171H, more fees to my homestudy agency and just the cost on our life because it feels like we are in a holding pattern. I just have a feeling that there's a reason for all this but I just don't know why and after I read that all of a sudden a baby boy's face flashed in my mind, which was always my thought after C came home and was home for a few years. Maybe that's it, maybe C is suppose to be the last one home and not the middle child.

Also Congrats to our friends who saw their sweet daughter's faces for the first time on Friday. Check them out they are the families with LID between 1-10-06 to 1-12-06 on my sidebar.

No comments: