Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feeling lost

Sometimes on the way to a dream
you get lost and find a better one.
I found a magnet with this quote on it and bought it years ago. It just seemed to speak volumes about my life. There were so many dreams that I gave up right out of high school for what I thought was everlasting love and that just turned out to be a horrible nightmare, but if I had pursued those original dreams, I wouldn't be where I am now. Ok so right now isn't the greatest but leading up to this moment has been amazing. I can't tell you how many times I was heading towards one dream, when something better came along, sometimes I didn't realize it and other times I was humbled by it. One of those other dreams was if it hadn't been for me finally being able to start C's adoption from China, I would have never revisited the thought of adopting from Vietnam. Lucky for me, that dream came true and I adopted K and became her Mommy and that's is one amazing dream that wouldn't have came true if I hadn't gotten lost along the way. Maybe the feelings of being lost I've been having means I'm right where I need to be.

No comments: