Friday, June 27, 2008

Adoption costs

I just got some figures from the Adoption agency. It wouldn't be so bad but the flights and the in-country travel is what does you in. I know that when I went to get K in Vietnam that I didn't pay any where near $3000.00 in in-country travel and that was just in 2006 and we had to be in 2 major cities, this time I would fly into one city and that is where we would stay the whole time. I really want my Mom and K to travel with me again just in case I got sick like I did when I got K. If my Mom wouldn't have helped out when I had food poisoning, a bout of flu and some funky infection, there is no way K and I would have survived. So basically if I want this adoption to happen, I would need a miracle. Right now my heart is so discouraged and breaking because without some rich long-lost family member dying and leaving me a huge inheritance, I can't afford to adopt this child who captured my heart.

US visa $380.00
Flight - $ 5500.00
Vietnam entry visa $195
USCIS I-600 A $670
In Vietnam travel $5800
In country adoption related expenses $1500

GRAND TOTAL $13545.00 if my Mom, K and I would travel

US visa $380.00
Flight - $2500.00
Vietnam entry visa $65.00
USCIS I-600 A $670
In Vietnam travel $3000
In country adoption related expenses $1500

GRAND TOTAL $8115.00 if I would travel by myself

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Heather when would you travel?

Do you have time to do yard sales and stuff like that? With that amount the good thing would be you would get most of that back on the tax credit/deduction for another child...

I know how hard this is when you see a child. We are in the same boat right now because we found a little guy and Money is an issue!!