Monday, June 16, 2008

Flag Day, Father's Day and another job bites the dust

Well first off I'm just in a foul mood now. I was suppose to have a full week of training but I got a call for a job interview on Friday for Monday (today) at 1pm. So I called my work on Friday and told them that I need a half day on Monday and told them I had a funeral to attend. I wasn't lying because I do have a visitation tonight. Well I showed up at work this morning and they go, oh well we called your temp agency and told them to tell you not to come in. Well I knew right then and there that I was on the way out the door. So instead of driving all the way home and driving almost the same distant back to the job interview I hung out at the Walmart's magazine aisle. I read so many books on how to knit, that I think if I tried, I probably could knit. I called home and they said the temp agency had called. So I went to my job interview and I think it went really well, downside is they have no air conditioning in the warehouse but hey it's a job and only about 15 min from my house. So I get home and check voicemail and the message from the temp agency was, that the water company was not happy that I took a 1/2 day and that I am to return all my badges before I can pick up my paycheck. I really wanted to go F*** You because they have lied to me about so much stuff concerning this job, including pay, work hours and I can actually name a 100 other things that the lied about. So I'm writing a really nasty note to them and also filing a complaint with the BBB and Department of Employment about their activities. So on to better stuff

Saturday was Flag day and also the grand opening of my Cousin's funeral home. We had a nice time visiting with family and just enjoying the day. Then yesterday was Father's day, we enjoyed a nice lunch with my brother (aka K's godfather) and my Grandpa before everyone went their separate ways for the day.

Grand Opening of my Cousin's funeral home

K with her Great-Grandpa

K with her Uncle

No comments: