Thursday, July 17, 2008

Family Frustrations

Well spent today working on stuff around the house, we didn't get as much done as we had planned but that seems lately like the norm. My Mom had her doctor's appt for her knee and they want to do surgery. They wanted to do the surgery right away, so sometime next week my Mom's knee is getting cut on. Which just adds to the stress we already have! Otherwise, since we are trying to get stuff done outside on the back porch, K gets to spend her afternoon playing in her wading pool. This way my Mom doesn't have to worry about her wandering around and getting hurt while stuff gets done. She is confined to one space and quite content to play in the wading pool all afternoon. In other news, we ran out of work tonight and they didn't want us to start on any new projects, so I was home by 10pm, which really sucks because my paycheck is gonna be hardly nothing because of the week I've had. Well got to head to bed, having a big going away party for my Brother this weekend and tomorrow I have to make phone calls because supposedly there was quite a few family members who didn't get their invitation by mail/email or personal phone call invite. So now gotta call them to make sure they know they are invited and that this isn't some kind of conspiracy against them. UGH!! My family frustrates me so much. Oh and a few side notes, I only have one rule in my house for my guests and that they are told specifically not to answer my phone. Now my Gram (aka Grandma), is allowed to answer it only if she reads the caller id and it's either one of my aunts/uncles or someone she called's name pops up on the screen. Well my Grandpa today really ticked me off, it seems that he didn't bother to read the caller id or he purposely picked up the phone because he saw her name when my other Grandma called, then he acts really stupid with her, when she asks to talk to me and I was at work. Needless to say there's alot more drama to it but after my Mom told me everything that happened, I just shook my head and said, that's it, no more of this family crap, I'm sick and tired of all of it. So as I said before I'm going to be spending my morning trying to make amends because of stupid petty crap.

She reminds me of a mad scientist in this picture with her hands grasped

Preparing to give me a plate of raw fish, guess the sushi she ate yesterday rubbed off on her imagination

2 comments:

SARA said...

Just popping in to say hello! I have been so busy lately I haven't been able to keep in touch as much as I like!!! Hope you all are doing well. K is still cute as ever!!!

Shelby said...

Tell Mom she can come recoup with me!!!!! I hope all goes well. I nwoll keep her in my thoughts and prayers...