Saturday, April 19, 2008

Damage from Earthquake

Ok, the damage is more severe than I thought and I can't even imagine if my house would have been any closer than we are. We are about 100 miles away from the epicenter. Not only is the pool a total disaster, it also shifted my house on it's foundation and I now have pipes (I'm assuming water) bulging up through my floors in the bathrooms. So I called my insurance company and questioned what will get covered and that's when they came back with you don't have earthquake insurance so your screwed. I mean I'm looking at least $50,000 plus in repairs. I am just sick over all this, I could hardly concentrate at work thinking about the earthquake and the damage it left behind.
So here are 2 of the pool pictures, I guess if I ever uncover it, that's when you will have the full effect. I wouldn't be so upset about it if I knew that this was such a great exercise for K last year and helped beyond belief with her legs. I truly believe that she gained enough strength and connection back in her legs from swimming that was why she was able to move her toes. I tried to take pictures of the pipes and foundation but they didn't turn out that well, so will try tomorrow since it's not like it's going to be going away anytime soon.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh No-- I just don't even know what to say.. I am so saddened by the damage and sickened by the insurance company. What a racket they have going...

Amy said...

I know you don't know me but I am very close friends with Shelby, have you not been through enough with your daughter and waiting for the China referral. That is a racket they have going, they do the same thing in Florida with hurricanes, I am so sorry for what you are going through

SARA said...

Holy crap!