Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two Years ago today plus 1 day

Well I wanted to post this yesterday but well I have no time left at all for getting on the computer. I guess I appreciate sleep more than I realized. I canceled K's speech therapist yesterday and canceled her physical therapist today and have them both rescheduled to Thursday when Uncle N is off that way it's all done on one day and if I get tired I can go lay down. Both K and I have an awful sinus infection, hers is doing so much better but I don't think mine will get better anytime soon.

Well two years ago plus 1 day or April 14, 2006, I was waiting in the front room of my previous house on my daughter's referral package so I could see her face for the first time. This time it didn't seems as special since just in the week before we had lost 2 referrals for little girls that were suppose to be my daughter. I was heartbroken and didn't want to get attached to this new picture I was getting because who knows if she was going to be the little girl I was going to bring home. So there we were, it was Good Friday, so my Mom and I sat there staring at the window waiting on the Fedex truck, well when the USPS truck pulled up and ran a package up to me, I didn't think anything of it because it was suppose to be a Fedex package. And then I looked at the return address and a flood of emotions came over me, the same emotions I had, had with the other 2 packages, they had just delivered my daughter. When I opened up the package there was relief that I had never felt with the previous two referrals and a connection to the little girl who was sleeping in what looked like a Harry Potter sweater with Griffendorf's colors. I knew this was finally my daughter, the little girl that was suppose to be mine and that finally after the previous 2 lost referrals that this baby girl was mine. Too bad that with every step closer we would get to K that we would take a thousand steps back but today that doesn't matter because she is her with her Mommy who loves her more than anything.

As for April 14, 2008, K is a little confused about Mommy's new work schedule and had a really rough first night with Grandma and then when she woke up the next morning Uncle N was asleep across the room. Luckily Mommy had gotten off 20 minutes early because of lack of work, so as soon as I walked in the bedroom she leaped into my arms and was an angel all day long. Mommy had a conference call for a j0b, which I'm still debating on taking or not and after that we played with her toys. We then took almost a 3 hr nap in the afternoon and then we ate a quick lunch together before Mommy had to head off to work again. She spent the evening playing with Grandma and the FP toy in the picture that we got at a yard sale last weekend for 50 cents.


1 comment:

Shelby said...

It's hard to believe that roller coaster ride started 2yrs + 1 day ago. Wow- been thru so much but what a wonderful beautiful reward for taking that ride.